- Don't bring things that you wouldn't normally wear at home. A lot of people say not to bring jeans because they are too heavy and don't dry fast but if you are like us and wear jeans almost every day you will be sorry you don't have them. If you are worried about space, wear your jeans any time you have to take a flight.
- Anything we didn't already own we bought on Amazon, Ebay or Sierra Trading Post. We would compare prices for the cheapest deals, it only takes an extra 5 minutes to check multiple websites for a deal and it saved us a TON of money.
- Don't use cubes. Someone gave us this advice while shopping at REI and said ziplock bags worked just the same and they were right. It's silly to spend $10-20 per cube when you can buy a whole box of gallon ziplocks for just a few bucks.
- Sign up for a Amazon Prime account. Yes, it does cost $79 for the year but if you are buying as much stuff as we did on Amazon, it saves your a fortune on shipping (plus you never have to wait for anything). Cancel after the first year.'
- Girls - Get a sarong. This is something that can be used as a coverup, a shawl, a blanket on trips, a beach towel, a pillow. It is lightweight and a great versatile item.
- Don't bring something "just in case." It is likely that you will ditch things along the way and pick up new things. These "just in case" items will surely be the first to go.